Geting new ships

Psst, you can talk about the game here!
grayknight
Galaxy Explorer
Galaxy Explorer

Geting new ships

Postby grayknight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:35 pm

So i read a bit of lore and i can safly say that for me Deprived are way to go. There is something in playing outcasts that are not exacly evil just both difrent and betrayed, left to die.

I like thier design (tho not the fact they have sleeveless clothes but hey, they those are just the 2 on the picture) anyway i like evrything in their fleet beside few ship models. And i wondered, is there a way to aquire ships of other factions? How will we aquire new ships anyway?

ebergar
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Re: Geting new ships

Postby ebergar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:16 pm

And i wondered, is there a way to aquire ships of other factions? How will we aquire new ships anyway?
The boarding feature is being discussed as far as I am concerned. You could take command on enemy ships this way. I bet it can, and should, be temporary, where temporary here stands for "per battle"... or until enemy board back this ship :D

There will be ship designs universal to all factions, just with other colors on them depending on the faction. So, you'll get your enemy ship model but with different colors, as every race will have them.

The answer for second question: We will unlock them in some way.

grayknight
Galaxy Explorer
Galaxy Explorer

Postby grayknight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:10 pm

I see. Honestly i hope boarding is not a thing since it always made things very chaotic more complex battle :)

I would love if you could make some kind of page with all 3d ship models (like in your WIP) were we could see all shared and faction ships that are curently worked on and are to be added to the base game.

BTW how is progress gooing? from what i have seen you have not yet started alfa, i am really intrested in this project, could you give any eta on that?

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:20 am

And i wondered, is there a way to aquire ships of other factions? How will we aquire new ships anyway?
You can actually have several fleets of different factions and acquire ships of other factions from booster packs. May be there will be some other ways to get ship blueprints.
I see. Honestly i hope boarding is not a thing since it always made things very chaotic more complex battle :)

I would love if you could make some kind of page with all 3d ship models (like in your WIP) were we could see all shared and faction ships that are curently worked on and are to be added to the base game.

BTW how is progress gooing? from what i have seen you have not yet started alfa, i am really intrested in this project, could you give any eta on that?
Some of our models can be seen on Sketchfab and, of course, we're thinking about special page :)

Everything is going pretty well, we have some plans on starting closed alpha at the end of april or in may, however we still don't have exact dates.
There will be ship designs universal to all factions, just with other colors on them depending on the faction. So, you'll get your enemy ship model but with different colors, as every race will have them.
Possibly, but at the moment we are not planning to do other factionless ships except of Charon and Cerera.
I'm watching you!

ebergar
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Postby ebergar » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:24 am

You can actually have several fleets of different factions and acquire ships of other factions from booster packs. May be there will be some other ways to get ship blueprints.
Will there be booster packs that won't contain these ships?

There's no place in my Eclipse fleet for these TREACHEROUS Deprived fellas!

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:26 am

Will there be booster packs that won't contain these ships?

There's no place in my Eclipse fleet for these TREACHEROUS Deprived fellas!
Right now you can acquire a totally random blueprint - we are still thinking about faction-specific boosters, but I guess it will remain as it is.
I'm watching you!

Return to “Starfall Online General Discussion”