FAQ

Psst, you can talk about the game here!
relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

FAQ

Postby relampago » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:50 am

We have prepared answers to the most fruequently asked questions:

How can I get a chance to play Starfall Tactics during this test?

Simply register on our website, download the game - and you are there!

I participated in a pre-Alpha test. Can I participate in this test?
Yes, if you've been granted an access to the game for the previous test, you will also be able to play it during this test.

Where can I download Starfall Tactics?

Download Starfall Tactics launcher here, install it and push the "Update" button. Once it's done, you will be able to push the "Play" button and join the battle.

I Don't know what I can do in this game. Help me!
Please, check this short guide: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=652

My Launcher won't update. I get "Fatal Error""An error occurred while updating" and/or "Error updating game files. Perhaps the file is open in another program or run an instance of the game."

To play druing this test you need to do a clean install - fully delete old version and download launcher from the website: http://starfalltactics.ru/starfall/StarfallSetup.exe

You can also use a rar archive with a full client provided by DIEHARD25: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1llns2 ... b4wX59KbjZ

Sorry if it caused inconveniences - sadly, old version of game launcher and game can work incorrectly or be unstable.

If you are an experienced pc user, you can try the following to fix launcher:
- open task manager, close all versions of starfall launcher you see there.
- start launcher once again, wait while it downloads update
- once it finishes download and closes launcher to restart it, quickly delete the second stafall launcher process in task manager.
Note that we still recommend to do a clean install before the test to ensure it all work correctly.

Something doesn't work/I've just found a bug/mistake in the game! What shall I do?

Don't panic! It's only a test version of the game and everything can happen. Try to get a screenshot and describe your problem here, or contact us by e-mail support@snowforged.com

Can I play Starfall Tactics if I have x32 system?

No, Starfall Tactics is currently available only for x64 systems.

Can I name a planet? How?

While playing Starfall Tactics, choose "Discovery mode" in the main menu, pick a faction, fleet an detachment you want to use while exploring the Universe and push the "Deploy" button. Then you will need to find an unnamed planet or star, fly up close to it, click on it - there you will see a window with planet information and a special "Rename" button. Press it, write a name for the planet and press "Enter" on your keyboard.

Will planets and stars I renamed keep their names further?

All the names will undergo moderation first, and if all is good, we will keep the names in-game for some later test stages. Please be mindful of the names you give - offensive content will not be tolerated.

How can I create a House (guild)?

While playing MMO mode, go to your faction Mothership, open Mothership menu and push "Create a House" button.
I'm watching you!

grayknight
Galaxy Explorer
Galaxy Explorer

Re: Pre-Alpha FAQ

Postby grayknight » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:29 pm

Thats so damn awesome :) now since i did not got invite i will go cry in corner and hold my thumbs for you :)

diehard25
WC 2017 Participant
WC 2017 Participant

Postby diehard25 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Hello, relampago! )
Have a some stupid question. Is there some distributive soft, required for launching the cluent? Like .NET framework etc.?

And second question (maybe too early to ask, but otherwise) - would it be client for Linux?
Ship Fitter Tool
(chmod -x chmod) - моя первая команда в Линуксе :(

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:42 pm

Thats so damn awesome :) now since i did not got invite i will go cry in corner and hold my thumbs for you :)
Just wait for a while - there are 3 days before it all starts, I hope to send a portion of happy e-mails tomorrow and the rest with a pre-alpha start :)
I'm watching you!

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Hello, relampago! )
Have a some stupid question. Is there some distributive soft, required for launching the cluent? Like .NET framework etc.?

And second question (maybe too early to ask, but otherwise) - would it be client for Linux?
Hello! :)
Yes, you will need some of it - our client will automatically install it when you launch the game.

You are right, that's too early to ask - it's still a question we need to discuss.
I'm watching you!

grayknight
Galaxy Explorer
Galaxy Explorer

Postby grayknight » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Hurray for more reasons to hold thumbs :)

viper
Galaxy Explorer
Galaxy Explorer

Postby viper » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:53 pm

I can't wait to play it :D

ebergar
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Postby ebergar » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:10 pm

How can I name a planet?

While playing Starfall Tactics, choose "Discovery mode" in the main menu, pick a fleet you want to use while exploring the Universe and push the "Start Exploration" button. Then you will need to find an unnamed planet or star, fly up close to it, click on it - there you will see a window with planet information and a special "Rename" button. Press it, write a name for the planet and press "Enter" on your keyboard.
Behold Ebergaria!

In honor of this awesome game: Primordia!

Also, this comes to my mind, one of the best locations EVER: Dun Morogh

rickrat
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby rickrat » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:19 am

Took me awhile to get this up and running, I renamed a planet finally and blew up my first fleet running into asteroids, LOL =D

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:23 am

Took me awhile to get this up and running, I renamed a planet finally and blew up my first fleet running into asteroids, LOL =D
Great, keep going! :)
I'm watching you!

Return to “Starfall Online General Discussion”