I would like to know, whether opinions around here are mostly same as mine - that this game needs slower pace. Ships with better overall defenses, maybe minor adjustments to movements/animations just to make it a little more manageable for people.
This yields several pros and cons, i'll add Yours to the list:
- one can make it into joining other player during battle in hex
- more manageable for non-rts folk (attracts casual players)
- harder nuts to crack means more satisfaction after beating down that turtled cruiser/mothership
- your own fleet is harded to beat, too
- more time to decide what to do in midfight
- more avoidable cannonfire
- though the game is slower, no turns included (i do like turn based games ;) )
- not everybody got the time
- some prefer fast paced ecounters
- some prefer to lay waste quickly
- more vulnerable fleets means more micromanagement, which is nice for some people
- increased chance that Your slow weapons get avoided (because these are even slower)
- hella lot development time spent to get game smoothly working in slower pace. Not only cooldowns/ship movements, also enemy spawns, HP's, shields/armour regen adjustement and lotta more.
Last edited by ebergar
on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.