I am sad that i had no time to play for longer, but still i have a good around idea of changes implemented. So how does it look?
- Lets start from state of the accounts - i do not like hard resets and i hope that when stable version of starfall comes out older players will get atleast some bonuses in IGC or boosters that increase IGC income
And to game iteslef
While i am sad that pve skrimish was not implemented number of changes for such a small time is really impresive
- Codex - just AWESOME and i do mean AWESOME even if not complite
- New game menu (play option) is great
- New starting fleet - much better then earlier
- Reusing destroyed ships - i was sceptical at first but it makes battles so much more masive :) its awesome in long run, just imagine 2vs2 pve skrimish, after some time casulties count would go in houndreds of thousends.
- Ships with engines - again proven to be a good change, i was sceptical like with the latter, but it made making new ships much better.
- New system of rewards - i cannot say for sure becouse i played little, i enjoyed idea of geting more credits for damaging ships as opose to killing it, but it may work out.
So i can say that i loved this event, not becouse i played alot (i could not) but becouse it showed how passionate you guys are :) amount of changes is impresive and they all seam to work really really well. I can onnly wait for new event/actuall alfa with pve skrimish implemented.
This sayed i can suggest 2 things
- I flew thro discovery (seen quite few new systems) but it seamed empty, no pirates, no enemy fleets. Universe needs to be full of life, with some events prehaps, if world is empty then discovery becomes a bit boring
- New victory/defeat screan - showing name of battle, losses of both sides and comenting victory - for example
Battle for Unflinching sector
Allies losses 45 460 man
Dreadnought - 3
Battleships lost - 8
Cruisers lost - 23
Frigates - 40
Enemy losses 32 521 man
Dreadnought - 1
Battleships lost - 9
Cruisers lost - 18
Frigates - 24
and under it income from battle
for example 5000 igc
with prehaps some bonus of showing tactical mastery
for example depending on battle size - Skrimish, battle, operation and campaign - to give title amount of ships taking part, destroyed and time of game would be considered and some bonus in exp and igc would begiven to both sides Skrimish - 1000 IGC while Operation - 4000 IGC and soo on
Tactical action could also be rewarded Pyrrhic victory - would give some IGC but not as much as Tactical victory or Strategic victory in which enemy lost more people then player/players
Also enemy would get some bonuses (you can loose while still having killed much more enemies then you, and if you did then you should be rewarded for tactical aproach to combat and making enemy bleed)
Anyway thats all i have, hope new event/alfa test is soon.