I enjoyed playing SF-T 100% !

Psst, you can talk about the game here!
mobiletarget
Recruit
Recruit

I enjoyed playing SF-T 100% !

Postby mobiletarget » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:07 am

Hi all :)

I enjoyed starfall tactics 100%... So much that I left a stray my regular games and fell out of some good stuff in there ! Dont regret it 1% :D

First of all I would like to thank the Devs for being there 100% of the time I was on to...
And special player AbstractHaze who helped me get to know and play with me my first run on SF-T! That way I could even explore more of the game. If you understand how to get rewards you can then use to invest in even more in more in depth game play.
A good community, maybe small, is a great asset to any game ! Alas the tutorial kept crashing on me, but is a known issue ;)

- Huge amount of ship types, ships classes, Ammo, Guns, Specials, etc. Found it not overwhelming but fun to search for them...
- As a tactical player, I liked the grinding part, was not to much and the rewards was good !
- As a tactical nerd I liked tweeking the ships, testing them in survival and discovery !
- Never saw PVP gaming dough, was cought up in the discovery of the game itself ;)
- The game itself rocks ! Wanna do PvP, press a button... Wanna do some exploring, go right in with a pre-set up fleet... Want to test your fleet go in survival... Want to tinker with yourships set up, go in and start turning screws and bolts...
There is always something to do in the mood your in at that moment of time :D Great !

Not so fund of:
- The rewards by shop... I dislike the random fact you can obtain anything or nothing. I guess it will be won by the one lucky in store ^^
- No default ships. Maybe light type to tinker with, not from random shop but from rewards as event, quests and level ups...
- Crashes and freezes while doing level 20 solo in Survival and getting no reward ;) Yes yes ! I know its an Alpha game ! Still hurts when you dont get it and are in anticipation in next run on lvl 20 if you will crash again :) hahahaha :D
- Short test stage for the working man... I disliked the fact I had to work a lot in this test stage of SF-T... Would loved to get more in depth I was now :)
- Aldough not a game issue: Discord some how lost focus in game... I could not speak and as a bug the mike would stay open or stay closed. I tried all 3 game views (full,windowed full & windowed) of SF-T, changed push to talk from KB to Mouse, but would not work :(
- Setup not initializing the saved state. Its an issue as I would get deaph at start up with the music over my headphones ^^
- My ships often just move where ever they want... Path finding is worked on, I know. Gets a bit frustrating dough, when you think you win and suddenly your ships start flying in opposite direction straight in to your base, other ships or rock formations ^^ A little less Kamikaze pilots would be beter I think :D LOL

Improvements:
- The not so fund of issues above...
- The sector flying feels a bit 1980's ( I am an old dude LOL). With some, math and magic, the fleets can be moved with a flight plan you can create and more direct then in hecta squares, maybe ?
- Longer test trials... I loved playing this game ! I want more !

I am a noob in SF-T, So bare with me if there are solutions to given "not so fund of" issues :) This is how I experienced it ;)
Please if you got solutions, post below ! :D

I hope very much I will be invited in next test run again ! I also hope I will not be working so much unless its in game :P

Thanks for letting me enjoy this refreshing new game ! Greatings from NL !

Mobile Target
I am dislexic, please read what is intended, not what you think on who I am ^^
Respect to all ! ;)

diehard25
WC 2017 Participant
WC 2017 Participant

Re: I enjoyed playing SF-T 100% !

Postby diehard25 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:32 am

Hello)

About Discord - need to check "Streamer Mode", got same issue, but after checking in SM all become fine.
About Setup - i think it related to Your PC setup, maybe some Admin rights or so. I haven's such problems at all)
Pathfinding is still weak, but much more good in comparision to first test run ;)
Ship Fitter Tool
(chmod -x chmod) - моя первая команда в Линуксе :(

mobiletarget
Recruit
Recruit

Postby mobiletarget » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Thanks m8 ! Wil defenatly try your tips next session :)

MT
Respect to all ! ;)

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:44 am

Hey, thank you so much for the feedback!

Sorry for the "killing music" =(
And a short note - you can obtain ships of a certain faction by purchasing faction boosters.
I'm watching you!

mobiletarget
Recruit
Recruit

Postby mobiletarget » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks relampago (Lightning) :D Let me in next Alpha run and I am sure to try it :)

@Diehard25: I did the setting of streaming in Discord, but I think the dutch translation is off... Is not what I thought it would mean apparently.
I wend in to that key page and set up the push to talk button on that streaming setting. Hope it works next time !
Thansk m8 !

MT
Respect to all ! ;)

Return to “Starfall Tactics General Discussion”