Offline Single Player?

Psst, you can talk about the game here!
ashar
Recruit
Recruit

Offline Single Player?

Postby ashar » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Im having a hard time finding any info on whether this is online only, or it has single player. I love strategy games, but i dont enjoy playing them online, so if im to get interested in this game, i need to know if it his single player without having to connect to an online server.

ebergar
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Re: Offline Single Player?

Postby ebergar » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:56 am

i need to know if it his single player without having to connect to an online server.
It has single player options, no idea about the latter however.

Edit:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21
1. Single player is a pve here.
2. Nope, online only.

ashar
Recruit
Recruit

Postby ashar » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:08 pm

not gonna bother then, i dont understand the point in havin single player mode if you have to be connected online all the time, any server problems or connection problems, and you cant play.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:03 am

not gonna bother then, i dont understand the point in havin single player mode if you have to be connected online all the time, any server problems or connection problems, and you cant play.
Just to clarify it: Starfall Tactics is an online game and it's going to evolve into something like an MMO as we plan on adding Galaxy Conquest mode. This type of games, as you might know, always has online pve not depending on how many players are in - a single one or a full group.
I'm watching you!

ebergar
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Postby ebergar » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:21 am

There is actually a point in that. You can talk to other people in game and interact with them after pve gameplay. Also You can take one with You if You get bored.

Prox
CEO
CEO

Postby Prox » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:25 am

An important factor is that we simply can't separate the two gameplays from the universe. If we take single player offline, then those players who participate in single player will never be able to go multiplayer mode or MMO part of the game, simply because it would still require their progress to be synced with the server to be shared with the rest of the game-world.

So we are all up for single-player and going at missions solo, but it has to be synched and thus, be online.

pr0w1z0r3k
Recruit
Recruit

Postby pr0w1z0r3k » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Wouldn't it be better to release a separate SP version of the game? (After release ofc)

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:00 am

Wouldn't it be better to release a separate SP version of the game? (After release ofc)
As Pavel mentioned, we don't want to separate the two gameplays. Also, making two separate parts sometimes takes as much attention as making two games at the same time which means a great challenge for our team. We'll think about it in future, of course, but at first we'll do it as one game.
Anyway, thank you for this interesting question :)
I'm watching you!

Return to “Starfall Tactics General Discussion”