Exploring

Introduce yourself to the community and ask newbie questions!
techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Exploring

Postby techmarine5 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:59 pm

I have been wondering: how do you get to stars without a gate going to them? Are you not supposed to be able to?
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

narfi
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Exploring

Postby narfi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:30 pm

as far as i know, there are gates to every star, but u have to explore a system /find the gates within a system to see where it connects to.
(and sometimes a system that looks realy close still is not connected)

Although i think that at the start of the full release, there should be NO gates, Factions should start further away and actually have to build diffrent sort of gates with diffrent ranges to connect the systems in a way they see fit while exploring the galaxy.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:08 am

as far as i know, there are gates to every star, but u have to explore a system /find the gates within a system to see where it connects to. (and sometimes a system that looks realy close still is not connected)
That's right!

About gates - we are discussing it ;)
I'm watching you!

techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Postby techmarine5 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:43 pm

You might make a formation that you start with that allows you to warp to a target star. The warp however, would take some time, give some warning for those in the area, and possibly take a while after being destroyed to be able to use again. You might also make a specific builder fleet, and have that be the only thing able to build. You might also have it follow your fleet, as obviously, you would want to protect it.
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:52 am

Well, you do already have an ability to warp between systems with Motherships (from one Mothership to another) - that's one of the most important functions for it so far. All other connections in the Galaxy - is a thing to explore and find, and it's quite a possible mission, especially if you have a couple other Commanders with you :)
I'm watching you!

Return to “New Player Corner”