Faction Qs

Introduce yourself to the community and ask newbie questions!
hunterkiller69
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Faction Qs

Postby hunterkiller69 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:11 am

is there any advantage or different characteristic to each faction e.g more attack, more defense etc. i wanna know which will be the best for me. i've read their descriptions, im kinda interested in eclipse or deprived, but i might even go and choose the one that looks coolest (oh yes, i'll need some pictures if i'm deciding by appearance
I Hunt and I Kill, you may be NEXT :twisted:

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Faction Qs

Postby relampago » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:45 am

There are some differences, although it can be changed later. Here is a faction choice screenshot:

New faction portraits:

I'm watching you!

diehard25
WC 2017 Participant
WC 2017 Participant

Postby diehard25 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:23 am

Also, wish to mention about different playstyles for each Faction. You can easily google some video about gameplay by each faction. Especially a lot of video on Manny channel.
Ship Fitter Tool
(chmod -x chmod) - моя первая команда в Линуксе :(

batailleuse
Ensign
Ensign

Postby batailleuse » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:26 am

well ... the tooltips aren't exactly refeclting how the faction are in game and I made a post about it.

Basically

Vanguard have strong ships, use mostly guns/missiles and in lesser extent beam weapons

Deprived have the ability to regen life/armor out of battles but do so by cannibalizing their max armor, so the more they regen the less armor they have in the end. they are pretty harmonized with what weapon their ship can use.

Eclipse, have stronger shield/shield regen than most others, tend to favor beam weapon. but unlike stated on their description they don't have any penalty to how much gun they can bring on a ship compared to other faction.

a tip to make easy money, play with a friend in coop hard, both of you, use Eclipse and as much possible ultra range laser, use some small ship to scout, and let your fleet rape any enemy ship coming in range.

Use that money to open 4k packs rinse and repeat to unlock most techs.

Best ship(in my opinion and after extensive test over past alpha) would be a Timur with a full set of long range heat laser + fleet jump. once you have 3-4 on the map you melt all the waves, if both you and your friend have them you can just afk until wave 10 ... lol.

you can add to that some cheaper vessels with also 15-18k range laser and it would do the trick.

if you have load of cash, in discovery you can find black markets, easy way to get some missing techs blueprint is if you go with a friend you also can sell to black-market all the blueprints you already own and your friend can buy them off the market, same the other way round if your friend has tech you don't.

Cheers, otherwise just build and try things, they add/balance many mods between alpha. I saw at least 4-5 new ones this alpha only.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 am

Thank you for such a detailed feedback! Will do some adjustments later, perhaps ;)
I'm watching you!

Return to “New Player Corner”