Newbie center

Talk and give feedback about fleet composition and tactics.
zael
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Newbie center

Postby zael » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:38 am

I feel that, (so that we don't break confidentiality) the devs could write down for somewhere the general feel of every faction.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Newbie center

Postby relampago » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:15 am

At the moment we have general descriptions for each faction here - http://starfalltactics.com/#factions - feel free to read it and share ;)
I'm watching you!

zael
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby zael » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Ahhhhh thank you. But I what I want to know is how the faction's are inclined towards, more often then not video game factions are inclined towards specific playstyles. Me and a friend are inclined towards the Deprived.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:38 am

Well, here is a shot from the game, where you can see passive abilities of each faction:Image

Vanguard is the best choice if you love ramming your enemies - they have very good armored ships and behave good in close range combat. So it's for more agressive playstyle.
Deprived ships are cheap, lightweight and have a lot of missile(rocket) ships - they are mostly designed for long-range and mid-range combat, as I think. Not very good in ramming. So it's not for a very agressive playstyle.
Eclipse faction loves eneregy shields and energy weapon - lasers. They can play the way you want, but consider that first you need to destroy shields, if you choose lasers - then they will destroy armor very fast.

Above you can see my personal thoughts. In general, every faction can perform any playstyle - just fit them right for this.
I'm watching you!

zael
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby zael » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks, I'm not that aggressive so I guess eclipse is for me.

diegoweiller
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby diegoweiller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:05 am

Well, here is a shot from the game, where you can see passive abilities of each faction:Image

Vanguard is the best choice if you love ramming your enemies - they have very good armored ships and behave good in close range combat. So it's for more agressive playstyle.
Deprived ships are cheap, lightweight and have a lot of missile(rocket) ships - they are mostly designed for long-range and mid-range combat, as I think. Not very good in ramming. So it's not for a very agressive playstyle.
Eclipse faction loves eneregy shields and energy weapon - lasers. They can play the way you want, but consider that first you need to destroy shields, if you choose lasers - then they will destroy armor very fast.

Above you can see my personal thoughts. In general, every faction can perform any playstyle - just fit them right for this.
Sorry but i didnt understand very well the description of the Eclipse faction... do we have to chose between shield or lasers?

diehard25
WC 2017 Participant
WC 2017 Participant

Postby diehard25 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:12 am

Nope)
Eclipse is strong faction, balanced mix of shield and armor, and hardpoints of it ships is more related to Lasers, than others faction.
Ship Fitter Tool
(chmod -x chmod) - моя первая команда в Линуксе :(

diegoweiller
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby diegoweiller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:20 pm

huuuu i like shiny lasers XD

techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Postby techmarine5 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:11 am

I would have thought that the deprived would have been slightly inclined towards ramming ships, as their regening armor makes it more sustainable. However, the low armor is a big problem for that strategy.
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”