Unable to parse the servers's response

Discuss technical problems and post workarounds to known issues.
godrage
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Unable to parse the servers's response

Postby godrage » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm

Didn't work:

I searched for UE4PreRequisites.exe and found UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe in
\Starfall Tactics\starfall_game\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us
Installed succesfully. Then Rebooted my laptop.

i took the newest rar file in #general(Discord), extracted in a new folder, then replacing the old folder by this new folder.

cmd: tracert 185.63.189.34
it didn't show any problem, no missing numbers, each line has a good ping, and the last line is 185.63.189.34

But i still have the parse error. hahaha... Actually my "magic" is to press Space-bar again and again, and there is a moment it'll launch the game. I can also launch the game directly from the .exe in the folder.
In both cases, it says my Login/password is wrong (no special characters in my password). But i guess it's another hidden parse error; i'm sure if I keep trying to login/pwd i'll get in at a moment. But, at any loading i'll likely get disconnected.
Few probability i "success" through the "parse problem" 3 times in a row. :D

Isn't it just that the server just kick people with low ping(or low Mbps/s) to keep a good status for others players?
Kind of... busy server? if so, at what UTC time the server is the least crowded? Maybe i could have an higher chance to connect properly! and it could give us an additional information for the "parse error". (but then why almost nobody has the parse error? xD)

By the way, i'm using a laptop under windows10, 64bits, 4Go RAM, geforce, etc.. so, there is no hardware reason for this problem. :)
Wifi? Maybe the problem is Wifi? i may give a try with ethernet cable tomorrow. :)

edit: forgot to write that (maybe important?):
when i open the launcher, the Server status's light is red, and i get a first parse error.
i click OK.
Then i click RETRY. At this point the light is green, until it switch to red at the same moment i get the parse error.
Sometimes the parse error is instant! (the light doesn't even turn green. xD)
Sometimes it takes few seconds.

diehard25
WC 2017 Participant
WC 2017 Participant

Postby diehard25 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 am

oh, did you try solutions from this post?
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=275
also, Wi-Fi shouldn't make some seriuous problems.

but in any cases try to log in into web-GUI of your router and check these things:

1. No hardware firewall enabled
2. No banned adresses or sites
3. Try to reboot router
4. And last thing - try to use direct Ethernen cable connection instead of Wi-Fi

and very old issue with laptops - when you use Wi-Fi, disable Ehternet port with Device manager (and vice versa for Ethernet).

I hope it will help ;)

Best regards, Konstantin
Ship Fitter Tool
(chmod -x chmod) - моя первая команда в Линуксе :(

godrage
Recruit
Recruit

Postby godrage » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm

[...]
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=275
[...]
1. No hardware firewall enabled
2. No banned adresses or sites
3. Try to reboot router
4. And last thing - try to use direct Ethernen cable connection instead of Wi-Fi
[...] when you use Wi-Fi, disable Ehternet port with Device manager (and vice versa for Ethernet).
[...]
I did/checked everything (C++, directX, router, etc), but the ethernet cable.
(i mean the only thing i still didn't try is the ethernet thing)

by pressing retry again and again it works. Usually it works at the start (few firsts tries), or will not work.

Return to “Technical Issues”