I'm scared I won't be able to play the game at all

Discuss technical problems and post workarounds to known issues.
completer
Recruit
Recruit

Re: I'm scared I won't be able to play the game at all

Postby completer » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:42 pm

just so you know, I did some more updating from windows update, but went to the optional updates, and now I don't get that message after the program says, "starfall tactics has crashed". It just lets me report the crash and then says done so that's the farthest I've gotten, now.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 pm

just so you know, I did some more updating from windows update, but went to the optional updates, and now I don't get that message after the program says, "starfall tactics has crashed". It just lets me report the crash and then says done so that's the farthest I've gotten, now.
Thanks! Anyway, we will recive these crash reports and fix if there is something we cna fix there.
I'm watching you!

frankv
Recruit
Recruit

Postby frankv » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:59 pm

hi im also having a problem,i installed the game, launcher. but when i press play it asks me to install directx.
i allready downloaded it. and the only option i get is the one shown below when want to download it (again). it only hows me to uninstall

screenshot in attachment

64 bit win10 user
Attachments
starfall 3.png
starfall 2.png
starfall 1.png

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:54 am

Hello!
Yoy can try to install Direct X separately - this might help in this case.
I'm watching you!

zael
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby zael » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:52 am

After putting in the .dll file, this new error pops up (See attached image), do I seriously have to do shady ass windows updates?
Attachments
Raaggh!.png

pwnstar
Galaxy Explorer
Galaxy Explorer

Postby pwnstar » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:15 am

As I said in my other post, doing all Windows updates seems to fix this problem.

completer
Recruit
Recruit

Postby completer » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:07 pm

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! I kept going through the windows update, and the failed updates that looked like they impacted playing this the most, I decided to check out. What was failing was it not updating the nvidia driver so I went to the nvidia/geforce site and there's a lot of different driver updates, but for the site to identify my updates, it wanted me to install java which I didn't have on my computer anymore and didn't want to install because it can go against the security of my computer. I decided to install java. When I would come back to try to restart the game, I wouldn't get a crash to come up, but would get the recommendations of the driver I needed for my computer. I guess the only way your program was going to tell me that is if I had java installed. Do I have to have java installed to play this game? The problem became now trying to update to a driver that will let me play. I got the latest update I could that was being offered for my geforce 9M series which is a 9600 GT on a hp 1270us laptop, and then when it started to install, the game started to play, but it played slowly. It only crashed one time since it was still installing the driver so I waited for the install to finish and restarted the computer so that I'd hoped it would play faster on the driver. Your program still wanted me to update to a more improved driver. If you know a more improved driver that I can use and that's compatible for me to use, please tell me that. I'm using version 310.90 -release date: 1/5/13. If your game needs a newer update from them to make the game move at a speed I need, please let NVIDIA/GEFORCE know so that they can make available a newer driver update if they can for this game. I hope till then, though, that you can do something within the game that can be more compatible to use on this driver, though, to play the game smoothly and not slow because there's no problem with the graphics or anything else for me to play on the driver. My computer is also a dual core 64 bit computer. I'm now going to try to play the game, again. seeya

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Hello completer, and thank you very much for posting this solution and all the info!
We will take this info to investigate it further.
I'm watching you!

zael
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby zael » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Can we get a hotfix then please?

frankv
Recruit
Recruit

Postby frankv » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:50 pm

the error code 0xc00007b keeps popping up

if you have the links for the directx instal please send them. i cannot figure it out.
i dont know how to refresh or reinstall directx on win10....

Return to “Technical Issues”