Note that Starfall Tactics is not available for x32 systems. To be able to play the game you should use only x64 os.
- Tutorial in unavailable at the moment due to some unexpected troubles.
- Launcher is always seeding now and you can't switch off that function due to some troubles (bugs). Just close launcher when you start the game.
- You can experience crashes and long loading times for certain menus, e.g ship building menu. We will fix it asap.
- Subatomic gel cost is equal and doesn't depend on quantity which is incorrect.
- Freighters can get into instance on their way, which lead to a really huge number of freighter in instance crashing to each other and blocks thei functions for some time.
- Mothership buys equipment fo 0 IGC in faction store.
- Warping to or from neautral planets takes a wring amoun of reputation
- Quests sometimes stop showing rewards
- Some ships can miss progression. We will add it soon.
- Some ship and equipment cards miss description or have "?" signs there. We will add it later.
- Leveling up can not work on Galaxy map sometimes. Just go to main menu and back
- You won't be able to take some weapon projects to cargo. Will fix it asap
Launcher and client issues:
- The game won't start. Error message: "Plugin 'MfMedia' failed to load because module 'MfMedia' could not be found."
Can happen to older versions of the game. Fully reinstall the game (make sure you delete all game files!) to fix it.
- Error when starting the game: "Launcher found corrupt data" or "Corrupt data
found, Please verify your installation" or "Download data is incomplete. Is there connection error?"
1 - try to restart launcher
2 - try to unplug and re-plug your ethernet cable, then restart launcher
3 - or delete version.dat and startfall.fastresume file in starfall game folder, restart launcher.
4 - or delete starfall game folder, restart launcher.
5 - or fully delete the game, redownload launcher from the site and do a clear install
- ERROR 740
Solution: Simply run the game through the shortcut if you experience this error - it can request administrator privileges - and everything should be ok.
- "System Error: the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." or "MSVCP140.dll file is missing"
v.1 Install VIsual C++: Launch UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe from your game folder: Starfall Tactics\starfall_game\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-u
v.2 Install this update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226
v.3 Try to download and install it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=48145 - if you have a "MSVCP140.dll file is missing" error, do it first!
v.4 Update Windows. Here is an update for Windows 7. You can also go to Start - Control Panel - Windows Update Check for updates. Install all available updates. After the updates are installed, restart your computer. After the restart repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
v.5 Delete older versions of Visual C++ and then install VIsual С++ 2013 or 2015
Possible solutions and discussion can also be found here can be found here.
- "System Error: the program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." or "XAPOFX1_5.dll file is missing" or "X3DAudio1_7.dll file is missing" and etc.
v.1 Use DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to fix it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113
v.2 Do a clean reinstall of the newest DirectX version (delete it if you have one, and install newest version).
- Couldn't start :
C:\Program Files x86\Starfall Tactics\Starfall\Binares\Win64\Starfall.exe
CreateProcess() returned 2.
Please, check if Starfall.exe is where it has to be, in Starfall Tactics folder.
If you won't find it there - delete Starfall\version.dat - this will result downloading the game again.
If you will find it there - try to move Starfall Tactics and Program Files folders to another location.
- Error when trying to start the game from launcher: "An error occurred while starting game client."
Make sure you don't use x32 system - Starfall Tactics doesn't support it.
Try to close and open launcher again.
v.1 Try "Repair" button on the top right of launcher window.
v.2 Install VIsual C++: Launch UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe from your game folder: Starfall Tactics\starfall_game\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-u
v.3 If it doesn't help - delete version.dat file which you can find in starfall_game\Starfall\version.dat and then close and open launcher again. (it can result in redownloading game files)
- Fatal Error
Can't create/open file 'launcher.log'
for Win 10 x64
1. Right click an affected folder.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab
4. Click the "Advanced" button.
5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
9. Click the "Edit" button.
10. Click on your username from the list.
11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
12. Click OK.
13. Click OK again.
Repeat with all of the problematic folders.
username - commonly Administrator, but if you have another one with Admin rights, type those.