Known issues

Discuss technical problems and post workarounds to known issues.
relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Known issues

Postby relampago » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:05 am

Here we will post all known issues (including bugs) and solutions.
Note that Starfall Tactics is not available for x32 systems. To be able to play the game you should use only x64 os.

Known bugs:

- Some ships and equipment cards miss description or have "?" signs there. We will add it later.

Launcher and client issues:
  • The game won't start. Error message: "Plugin 'MfMedia' failed to load because module 'MfMedia' could not be found."
Solution:
Can happen to older versions of the game. Fully reinstall the game (make sure you delete all game files!) to fix it.
  • Error when starting the game: "Launcher found corrupt data" or "Corrupt data
    found, Please verify your installation" or "Download data is incomplete. Is there connection error?"
Possible solutions:
1 - try to restart launcher
2 - try to use repiar button in the launcher (gear button on the top right of the launcher window)
3 - try to unplug and re-plug your ethernet cable, then restart launcher
4 - or delete version.dat and startfall.fastresume file in starfall game folder, restart launcher.
5 - or delete starfall game folder, restart launcher.
6 - or fully delete the game, redownload launcher from the site and do a clean install

• ERROR 740
You can get this error after installing launcher.
Solution: Simply run the game through the shortcut if you experience this error - it can request administrator privileges - and everything should be ok.

• The laucnher won't start downloading the game.
Usually happens if you use public connection.
Possible solutions:
v.1 Make sure you completely disable your firewall.

• "System Error: the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." or "MSVCP140.dll file is missing"
Possible solutions:
v.1 Install VIsual C++: Launch UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe from your game folder: Starfall Tactics\starfall_game\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-u
v.2 Install this update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226
v.3 Try to download and install it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=48145 - if you have a "MSVCP140.dll file is missing" error, do it first!
v.4 Update Windows. Here is an update for Windows 7. You can also go to Start - Control Panel - Windows Update Check for updates. Install all available updates. After the updates are installed, restart your computer. After the restart repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
v.5 Delete older versions of Visual C++ and then install VIsual С++ 2013 or 2015

Possible solutions and discussion can also be found here can be found here.

• "System Error: the program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." or "XAPOFX1_5.dll file is missing" or "X3DAudio1_7.dll file is missing" and etc.
Possible solutions:
v.1 Use DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to fix it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113
v.2 Do a clean reinstall of the newest DirectX version (delete it if you have one, and install newest version).

• Couldn't start :
    C:\Program Files x86\Starfall Tactics\Starfall\Binares\Win64\Starfall.exe
    MgrUrl=...
    CreateProcess() returned 2.
Solution:
Please, check if Starfall.exe is where it has to be, in Starfall Tactics folder.
If you won't find it there - delete Starfall\version.dat - this will result downloading the game again.
If you will find it there - try to move Starfall Tactics and Program Files folders to another location.

• Error when trying to start the game from launcher: "An error occurred while starting game client."
Solution:
Make sure you don't use x32 system - Starfall Tactics doesn't support it.
Try to close and open launcher again.
v.1 Try "Repair" button on the top right of launcher window.
v.2 Try to run the game as administrator (right click on game icon - run as administrator)
v.2 Install VIsual C++: Launch UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe from your game folder: Starfall Tactics\starfall_game\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-u
v.3 If it doesn't help - delete version.dat file which you can find in starfall_game\Starfall\version.dat and then close and open launcher again. (it can result in redownloading game files)
v.4 Delete starfall_game folder (it can result in redownloading game files)

• Fatal Error
    Can't create/open file 'launcher.log'
Solution:
for Win 10 x64
1. Right click an affected folder.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab
4. Click the "Advanced" button.
5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
9. Click the "Edit" button.
10. Click on your username from the list.
11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
12. Click OK.
13. Click OK again.

Repeat with all of the problematic folders.
username - commonly Administrator, but if you have another one with Admin rights, type those.
I'm watching you!

thedarklord2016
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Re: Known issues

Postby thedarklord2016 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Good morning, I installed the game in C: \ Games \ Starfall tactics. OK Problem And error corrected.
works ............. My ships do not fire, there is the automatic shot ........ not understand how to load a ship.

In the tutorial the ships shoot clicking Z or W, or automatic
the battles my ships do not fire

Help me.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:21 pm

Good morning, I installed the game in C: \ Games \ Starfall tactics. OK Problem And error corrected.
works ............. My ships do not fire, there is the automatic shot ........ not understand how to load a ship.

In the tutorial the ships shoot clicking Z or W, or automatic
the battles my ships do not fire

Help me.
Hello. Make sure they have weapons. Then make sure they look at the direction they can fire and they are close enough to the enemy - each weapon and ship have its firing arc. To see it - hold alt, as it was said in the tutorial. To make your ships attack enemy ships, choose your ships(left click) and then order to attack enemy (right click on enemy).
I'm watching you!

thedarklord2016
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby thedarklord2016 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:37 pm

ok.

arianoth
Recruit
Recruit

Postby arianoth » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 pm

First thing - didn't find "exit game" option, is that missing or i just couldn't locate it in game?
Second - in running survival mode it always trying to run co-op even if i select solo mode (?).

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:57 am

First thing - didn't find "exit game" option, is that missing or i just couldn't locate it in game?
Second - in running survival mode it always trying to run co-op even if i select solo mode (?).
Top left corner in general menu - there is a button which lets you exit. Right bottom corner in Discovery or in battle - there should be menu. You might not see it if you have 4:3 monitor

Try not clicking on "co-op" or "solo" while getting to survival, just choose a fleet and push play.
I'm watching you!

zhou
Recruit
Recruit

Postby zhou » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:19 am

In survival when the Injector spawns in the 10th wave, the game crashes when you destroy it. I tested this twice with a friend in Co-op Survival.

Also for the Vanguard ships I have one that says it uses beam weapons but can only equip cannon weapons. I have a beam weapon unlocked.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:17 am

In survival when the Injector spawns in the 10th wave, the game crashes when you destroy it. I tested this twice with a friend in Co-op Survival.

Also for the Vanguard ships I have one that says it uses beam weapons but can only equip cannon weapons. I have a beam weapon unlocked.
Thank you for reporting, will get a hot fix for the boss from 10th wave today.

Could you say which one exactly, please?
I'm watching you!

diegoweiller
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby diegoweiller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:00 am

well during the first alpha i reported a problem with the game as i set my graphics to maximun performance it shows green blurs all over the screen making it unable to play but managed to make less blurs apear by seting my graphics to be handled by the game still got them but managed to play at extremely poor graphic quality that to find myself strugling in the space to learn to control my ships into an asteroid field just to make ships ram into eachother... well... some solution for either case? help with graphycal configuration for the first maybe? and an tutorial on how to pilot for the second?

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:30 am

well during the first alpha i reported a problem with the game as i set my graphics to maximun performance it shows green blurs all over the screen making it unable to play but managed to make less blurs apear by seting my graphics to be handled by the game still got them but managed to play at extremely poor graphic quality that to find myself strugling in the space to learn to control my ships into an asteroid field just to make ships ram into eachother... well... some solution for either case? help with graphycal configuration for the first maybe? and an tutorial on how to pilot for the second?
Hey diegoweiller, I already posted a comment about it in your topic.
About tutorial - have you tried to complete one available in the main menu? It might help.
I'm watching you!

Return to “Technical Issues”