Game engine

Discuss technical problems and post workarounds to known issues.
diegoweiller
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Game engine

Postby diegoweiller » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:03 am

ok i dont know if it is just me, but seems like unreal engine hates me, its the second game with it i pla and the second whicth literally ate my memory and also the second wicth gimme those screwed green blurs in the wole screen, in BGA i managed to get trought it making my graphics processor work with the "ideal" setings ( wicth is not so ideal i guess hu? XD) here in starfal i got arroung it the same way but wen i got to the exploration ting (in whitch i found miself totally lost in the middle of nowere {oh! dont say it! it was just the space! durrr! XD} cause there is not a tutorial or a what to do list...) sometimes it gave those blurs but with less bright alowing me to play but still shiting trought the screen, dos UE4 hates me or i am missing something? also.... the AI seriously needs improvements.... i got myself for the first time into an asteroid field with more than 7 ships (dont really remember the size of the initial fleet...) and while i desperately tried to save my ass i almost ate my brain trying to control them all to avoid the asteroids just for them all to ram into each other like if it was a derby machine game... at least it was a nice explosion... lol

edit: sorry for the grammar.... tooo lazy as it is 5:30 am now... goota sleep

diegoweiller
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Re: Game engine

Postby diegoweiller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:45 am

so... still no answer? even trough we are begining a new test?

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:26 am

Hello diegoweiller,

We are sorry for any issues you could experience.

Could you write your PC specs, please? Like videocard, RAM, system you use and etc.
Also, it would be nice if you could get a screenshot of a blur you have or explain what exactly the problem is.

Don't get cought into asteroid fields - they are designed specifically to kill all ships cought into them, and you have to manually avoid asteroids which is of course hard for the full fleet. So, that's really tough. Better try to fight some pirates ;)
I'm watching you!

diegoweiller
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby diegoweiller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:00 am

definitelly strange man! got no notification from this answer of yours!

also getting punched in the face by some asteroids really makes me laught now XD

for the performance problems, specs, and atc i will have to wait for the launcher to update the game, who knows? maybe its all fixed by now :P

EDIT: im certainly taking some tutos to being with expecially if there are piloting ones XD

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:23 am

definitelly strange man! got no notification from this answer of yours!

also getting punched in the face by some asteroids really makes me laught now XD

for the performance problems, specs, and atc i will have to wait for the launcher to update the game, who knows? maybe its all fixed by now :P

EDIT: im certainly taking some tutos to being with expecially if there are piloting ones XD
There is only a basic tutorial as we haven't got enough time to prepare it all yet. make sure you don't break it :)
I'm watching you!

diegoweiller
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby diegoweiller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:33 am

with my piloting skills i may wreck even it D:

techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Postby techmarine5 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:34 am

I did find that the asteroids felt too punishing this time around, as there is no way to que a move command in sector mode. I agree that they shouldn't be meaningless, but they should be little more than an annoyance, and a way to either lose or catch up to a fleeing fleet.
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:01 am

I did find that the asteroids felt too punishing this time around, as there is no way to que a move command in sector mode. I agree that they shouldn't be meaningless, but they should be little more than an annoyance, and a way to either lose or catch up to a fleeing fleet.
SHIFT + desired command allows you to que commands.
I'm watching you!

techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Postby techmarine5 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:05 am

I tried: it doesn't work in sector mode. It works fine for combats/asteroids, but not for moving in sector mode.
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:33 pm

I tried: it doesn't work in sector mode. It works fine for combats/asteroids, but not for moving in sector mode.
Ahh, you mean when you are not in battle . Understood. We thought about making it, and I am sure there will be the way to do it later.
I'm watching you!

Return to “Technical Issues”