Password Fix

Discuss technical problems and post workarounds to known issues.
the_thinker
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Password Fix

Postby the_thinker » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:45 am

Unfortunately, I'm am having this issue. I just now installed the game for the first time, but I cannot log into it as it shows an invalid password whenever I attempt to log in.

I have reset my password to one without special characters, and I even tried ilidium's solution, and nothing seems to work.

It might be because of the "_" in my user name, or it might just be that the login screen times out on authentication.

It might even be that I don't actually have a key, even though I applied last week.

I'm on a freshly refurbished computer, but the screen runs slowly enough that it takes about 1.5-2.5 seconds to register each individual character that I type in.

Computer is fairly low end, but it should be able to run this just fine at lower graphics settings. I have run similar games on it, and they run normally once I reduce the settings a bit.

I do agree with iliums suggestion about a progress bar or something in the initialization screen. Just something to show that the game hasn't died and forgotten to let you know about it.

Also, for the Default settings, I would actually go with two different ones. The Default as it is now, being one that the game can be set to after one goes into the settings, with the other 'default', being the one the games starts with that is set to the bare minimum.

A pop-up screen upon starting the game for the first time (and first time only) that suggests the player goes and changes the graphics to their liking should keep people from not changing the settings. Maybe even have that same popup screen have a built in redirect that can be clicked on that will go straight to the graphics screen.

Looking forward to a resolution to the problem. screenshots and vids of the game look great, can't wait to play, and give feedback from the perspective of the Average Joe that might want to play the game.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:04 am

Unfortunately, I'm am having this issue. I just now installed the game for the first time, but I cannot log into it as it shows an invalid password whenever I attempt to log in.

I have reset my password to one without special characters, and I even tried ilidium's solution, and nothing seems to work.

It might be because of the "_" in my user name, or it might just be that the login screen times out on authentication.

It might even be that I don't actually have a key, even though I applied last week.
Hello! It looks like you don't have an access for the Alpha and that's why you can't log in. Have filled an application here - http://starfalltactics.com/#block-star- ... lpha-front ?
I'm watching you!

the_thinker
Recruit
Recruit

Postby the_thinker » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Thank you for clearing that up relampago.

I had believed that the Creation of an account on the site was all that was necessary.

If it were not for this being the last planned alpha test for Starfall, I would recommend that the alpha application be made more apparently necessary to those making a new account. Possible by having the Application be part of the Process.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Thank you for clearing that up relampago.

I had believed that the Creation of an account on the site was all that was necessary.

If it were not for this being the last planned alpha test for Starfall, I would recommend that the alpha application be made more apparently necessary to those making a new account. Possible by having the Application be part of the Process.
Thank you for the suggestion! We'll think about it if there will be another test before Early Access :)
I'm watching you!

Return to “Technical Issues”