All issues known with downloading the game etc.

Discuss technical problems and post workarounds to known issues.
tommo
Ensign
Ensign

All issues known with downloading the game etc.

Postby tommo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:23 pm

I've made this just so all the issues are compiled together and that they are easy to see (and to help newer players understand the known issues):

1. Slow download - I'm pretty sure this is obvious to the dev team as we have pointed it out numerous times in other posts. To newer players downloading the game, try and refrain from closing down the game as it deletes a certain amount of data (e.g. From 1GB to 200mbs). Also the game WILL download slower than expected, don't worry it is not that bad, its only 6.82GB's in size. My average speed is 5 mb's but when downloading Starfall you will have a range from 900mb's to less than 30mb's (depending on your internet speed, location, how many electronics using the internet etc). Do not worry if its showing your internet is slow, it is a known issue.

2. There is no speed limiter implemented right now. A speed limiter is something that lets you select how much bandwidth a certain electronic is allowed to use. Starfall Tactics will currently use as much as it can to download the game (it sounds sentient xD). The best thing to do right now is to unselect "Always seed" option which can be found by clicking the gear (settings) on the launcher.

3. If your game gets stuck in the menu or loading a battle, you will have to hard crash it by doing alt + f4. However i do believe this is fixed is or is soon to be fixed (not sure right now).

4. When you have downloaded the launcher and are trying to download the main game, it might ometimes come up with an error suggesting the Download Data is incomplete. To fix this either restart your PC, re-download everything, or unplug your PC from the internet and reconnect it.

Please comment any more problems concerning my topic or if there are more solutions.
Thanks for reading.
Ooo is that a freighter full of resources O_o... *Few minutes later* Mine! Mine!Mine!

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: All issues known with downloading the game etc.

Postby relampago » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:07 pm

4th problem usually happens if you have old client data, and have following solutions:
- restart launcher
- delete version.dat and startfall.fastresume file in starfall game folder, restart launcher.
- if things above didn't help - delete starfall game folder, restart launcher.
I'm watching you!

tommo
Ensign
Ensign

Re: All issues known with downloading the game etc.

Postby tommo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Hmm i had that problem with downloading the launcher for the first time on my new PC.
Ooo is that a freighter full of resources O_o... *Few minutes later* Mine! Mine!Mine!

Return to “Technical Issues”