Tier 4 Weapons.

Have a cool idea for Starfall Tactics? Any suggestions on how to make the game better? Let us know!
tommo
Ensign
Ensign

Tier 4 Weapons.

Postby tommo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 pm

I do not think I have brought this up but from what I remember from the last test, the tier 4 super laser was insanely op. I came across it once in pvp and I was completely obliterated because my ships couldn't get close. This was kinda annoying because after that game I kept facing that same setup but from different people. One suggestion to fix this is to nerf the damage or nerf the range (I think 18k range is a bit excessive). It didn't really affect me that much but I steered away from quick match for a while and sticker to discovery ;) (where I still had tons of fun!). I hope this weapon could be balanced out a bit more so quick matches are more fair and equal.
Ooo is that a freighter full of resources O_o... *Few minutes later* Mine! Mine!Mine!

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Tier 4 Weapons.

Postby relampago » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:06 am

I guess you are talking about Spear of Wrath (pink laser)? This is a really huge weapon which can be installed only on huge expensive (in Warp Points) ship and needs a scout somewhere near your ships to shoot from a long distance. Eclipse dreadnought + this laser is a pretty obvious build, so many people use it when they get it, but in fact it can be countered with ease if you are able to adjust your tactics and use scouts and counter-scouting measures. And that's true that simple running straight forward to it won't work, but you know - there are tones of other ships, weapons and special equipment which can help you destroy a ship with this weapon like a mess. Even fooling around with frigates or other light-class ships can help as it really can't turn and move fast enough usually. And if you destroy a ships with this laser your opponent loses too much firepower, giving you a huge advantage.

So, what I wanted to say: if you stop for a while, think through your further tactics and make a fleet which is more universal - you should be able to deal with most problems and with time will be laughing at these simple obvious builds.

Also, if you want a complete fair play - you can always play Ranked mode and see how these lasers work - it can help in creating some super-tactics ;)
I do not think I have brought this up but from what I remember from the last test, the tier 4 super laser was insanely op. I came across it once in pvp and I was completely obliterated because my ships couldn't get close. This was kinda annoying because after that game I kept facing that same setup but from different people. One suggestion to fix this is to nerf the damage or nerf the range (I think 18k range is a bit excessive). It didn't really affect me that much but I steered away from quick match for a while and sticker to discovery ;) (where I still had tons of fun!). I hope this weapon could be balanced out a bit more so quick matches are more fair and equal.
I'm watching you!

tommo
Ensign
Ensign

Postby tommo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 pm

I didn't think about that but it's all about how and where you spend your warp points. If you spend them all defending against one dreadnought with the spear of wrath then it leaves you open to further possible attacks. Furthermore if you were to focus your fleet towards killing dread noughts, it will leave you open to other problems which will then mean you will have to spend more IGC to fix. I hope you get what I mean :)
Ooo is that a freighter full of resources O_o... *Few minutes later* Mine! Mine!Mine!

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:13 am

I didn't think about that but it's all about how and where you spend your warp points. If you spend them all defending against one dreadnought with the spear of wrath then it leaves you open to further possible attacks. Furthermore if you were to focus your fleet towards killing dread noughts, it will leave you open to other problems which will then mean you will have to spend more IGC to fix. I hope you get what I mean :)
You don't need to spend all your WP to deal with it, really. If you spend all WP to deal with only one dreadnought - that means that you're doing wrong or your enemy performs better. You also don't need to focus all your fleet on it - as I mentioned, the best way is to make a universal fleet and never concentrate on a single way to fight.

Well, anyway - we'll observe the situation further and balance it if needed.
I'm watching you!

tommo
Ensign
Ensign

Postby tommo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:37 pm

I think i exaggerated slightly with the "all your WP part" but i do see your point. I think the players were better than me xD. It could also do with the lag i suffered during some of them battles but that did not affect me too badly. I think its a matter of skill with this problem. I will be sure to check it out some more when I get ingame ;)

Return to “Features and Suggestions”