Ramming

Have a cool idea for Starfall Tactics? Any suggestions on how to make the game better? Let us know!
techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Ramming

Postby techmarine5 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:03 pm

I really like the idea of ramming, but feel it is slightly lackluster at the moment. You might add in engines that have exponential max speed based on amount of energy your ship provides, minus the amount being used. This would mean you could have a fast large ship, but it couldn't have weapons. You might also allow a ram weapon that could go in any weapon slot, would use up no energy, but would reduce damage taken and increase damage done on contact for that arc only. I might also suggest bring able to turn off auto pilot, since it is currently impossible to ram the enemy mothership, no matter how hard you try.
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ramming

Postby relampago » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:55 am

Thanks a lot for this suggestion! Sounds interesting, will discuss it.
I'm watching you!

tommo
Ensign
Ensign

Postby tommo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:42 pm

@Relampago
I abuse ramming in the sense that if I get attacked immediately I kamikaze my cheaper ships into the enemies more expensive ships (which really p****s them off) but I find it hilarious when it happens though. The idea of ramming is a great addition to the game as you have to be really careful about how close you get to the enemy, already loving the game and thanks a lot Snow Forged Entertainment for making an amazing game come true
Ooo is that a freighter full of resources O_o... *Few minutes later* Mine! Mine!Mine!

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:51 am

@tommo
Thank you so much!
Btw, I also love ramming...when I ram others ;)
I'm watching you!

techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Postby techmarine5 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Surfing the last test, I made a ship, filled it to the brim with mines, ram their ship, then dump the cargo of mines while they can't move. It allowed me to compensate for not having a very big ship.
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

diehard25
WC 2017 Participant
WC 2017 Participant

Postby diehard25 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Surfing the last test, I made a ship, filled it to the brim with mines, ram their ship, then dump the cargo of mines while they can't move. It allowed me to compensate for not having a very big ship.
Hello there)

Nice tacs) but in fact it's like a sort of unefficient ship using)

There are more efficient tactics that utilize mines and light ships, and main pros for all things - do not participate PvP until you have some suitable ships and modules for it)

Also, best rammer ship I used are for Vanguard. They need to be fitted with lot of armor and Engine Overload module (also Stealth or Jump drive need too). Simply stealth to target and strike it.

Mines can be used in "tight spots" (there are many of them on PvP maps). They are hard to safely remove when they are deployed, and mines-related tacs is best for defence (in fact).

And keep in mind - there is very many suitable builds and tacticks) i hope we will fight next test)

Best regards, Konstantin
Ship Fitter Tool
(chmod -x chmod) - моя первая команда в Линуксе :(

Return to “Features and Suggestions”