Have a cool idea for Starfall Tactics? Any suggestions on how to make the game better? Let us know!
amunari
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby amunari » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:22 am

• Code: Select all

Minor Issues
    [/color]
  • Potential for Abuse: Gate Camping
    In the near future when the game go's to alpha stages there will be significant abuse to gate camping.
    Solution: Create a new travel system between systems that is based on range (light year) that allows players to randomly or target an object (like station) to Warp to.
  • Uniqueness between races is to weak
    Creation of unique "race" only technologies would significantly improve diversity.
    Solution: Eclipse have a module that stops cannons/missiles from going through shields or naturally have this benefit.
  • Trade goods are to limited
    There is not enough diversity for trade goods. This is the case with last test, everyone picks Ore Instead of Food.
    Solution: Make Ore and Food the same Price. Add a Bonus to have ore and food reward more income if its a shortage. This will make ore deliveries to stations being built, and food to planets equally important.
  • Colonies are to easy to maintain
    There is almost no effort in building up a planet. For the most part you over stock food and get insane income.
    Solution: Add a Third resource that is required for planets to obtain a specific point of advancement.
  • Uniqueness between races is to weak
    Creation of unique "race" only technologies would significantly improve diversity.
    Solution: Eclipse have a module that stops cannons/missiles from going through shields or naturally have this benefit.

Code: Select all

Major Issues
    [/color]
  • Unlimited Cargo Space.
    Game Breaking: This is destroying the economy.
    Solution: Limit cargo to 250%. Add Cargo Expansion Modules.
  • Sector Capture Bug.
    A bug that causes a station to disappear before the conflict has had chance to complete
    Solution: Correct the Bug.
  • Maps are to large.
    All Forms of combat, Trade, Etc Should be built around a "15 Minute" rule so that casual game play is heavily supported. This is Extremely important for the success and longevity of both the game and company
    Solution: Reduce the map sizes.

Code: Select all

Critical Issues
    [/color]
  • Most Ships are useless.
    I spent more time looking for ships to fit beams on, then i did actually testing other builds. If i select a race that specializes in beam weapons i do not want to see 4 out of 100 ships be beam oriented. I want to see 90/100 ships beam oriented.
  • Normal Armor is to powerful on Deprived and Eclipse
    Current armor defenses/Life Pools is close to perfect for vanguard but over powered for other races.
    Solution: Reduce Base Armor on Eclipse by 50%. Increase shields by 100% (x2). Give Deprived 1.25% Hp Regeneration per second, and 3% Out of combat. Reduce Deprived base armor to around 65% of What Vanguard have (so Vanguard should have 10k and deprived 6.5k + Regen)

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Feedback: a List of Issues with Starfall

Postby relampago » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:21 am

Hey, thanks for the feedback again.)

Just a small note - we are aware of unlimited cargo, and, of course, planned to limit it. So no worries here :)
I'm watching you!

techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Postby techmarine5 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:47 pm

The 15 minuting of games is severely limiting the game industry. You just can't get the same out of two 15 minute sessions as you can out of one 30 minute session. I agree that there should be some 15 or fewer minute content, but overall, the average play time should be about 30 minutes per session.
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

amunari
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby amunari » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:51 pm

I don't agree, as i mentioned.

The Industry has done exhaustive research on this. The target times are around 15 minutes. League builds its module around this and it has 32,000,000 players active daily in it. If you build for 30, then equally competitive games will persist to 45, 60 (minute) or even higher duration. These are simply to long for the casual player-base that want to play a "quick game" before work.

techmarine5
Ensign
Ensign

Postby techmarine5 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:02 am

So if you are building to 15 minutes, you are expecting 30 minutes on average? I don't know about anyone else, but that just seems unreasonable. Shouldn't it be that you build to 30 minutes and you get a 30 minute average?
We may not be able to predict the future, but we can certainly create it.

bloodling
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby bloodling » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:51 am

"Potential for Abuse: Gate Camping
In the near future when the game go's to alpha stages there will be significant abuse to gate camping.
Solution: Create a new travel system between systems that is based on range (light year) that allows players to randomly or target an object (like station) to Warp to."

Yea, right now gate camping is not an issue but once the population grows it will become one because of the choke points between systems. It was like Eve Online in the early years of the game.

I would prefer a system like elite dangerous where there are no gates, but your jump range is base on your ship's (or fleet for Starfall) fuel capacity. You can jump out from any place in the system your in to another system has long as you havve the fuel. The fleet would jump in any random position close to the star or any random position in the system. If your fleet runs out of fuel you can plot next to the star and recharge till full and jump.

batailleuse
Ensign
Ensign

Postby batailleuse » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 pm

• Normal Armor is to powerful on Deprived and Eclipse
    Current armor defenses/Life Pools is close to perfect for vanguard but over powered for other races.
    Solution: Reduce Base Armor on Eclipse by 50%. Increase shields by 100% (x2). Give Deprived 1.25% Hp Regeneration per second, and 3% Out of combat. Reduce Deprived base armor to around 65% of What Vanguard have (so Vanguard should have 10k and deprived 6.5k + Regen)
hmm bad idea for the Eclipse and let me tell you why

Having shields seems like a good idea at first, but then you have EMP mod and disable Shield mod <last 10 sec> if your Eclipse have 50% armor of normal ships ... any army with either full projectiles that all ignore shields or a disable shields mod + any weapon but especially lasers will destroy you, especially that the disable shield is only a 1x3 mod that almost any ship can fit.

another problem is that all ships across factions literally have exact same base stats according to their ship role except that Eclipse have higher shields and passive shield regen, but eclipse dont even have their supposedly capacity lowered like it should. i could even argue that as is Ship designs are in favor of Eclipse since combined with a big issue on laser weaponry make most eclipse ship able to slot arguably overpowered weaponry on even the lowest ships size.

instead of spamming like i was gonna do, ill just introduce here a link to my post on Ships/factions feature feel free to check out and leave a comment.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=473&p=2903#p2903

Return to “Features and Suggestions”