Lasers :/

Have a cool idea for Starfall Tactics? Any suggestions on how to make the game better? Let us know!
tommo
Ensign
Ensign

Lasers :/

Postby tommo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:24 pm

The one problem I have with this game, besides the lag (lol) is the fact that the Eclipse faction and the lasers are way to strong. I went up against three players and they all used Eclipse laser orientated ships. The first player had lasers with 18,000 range that could snipe my mothership dealing large amounts of damage from across the map, which frustrated me because my ships couldn't even get close without taking serious damage. The second player spammed me with cheap laser spamming ships completely wrecking my aegis' and other ships. The final player had the Tier 4 Wrath laser and one burst most of my ships. The Eclipse faction and their lasers has ruined PvP for me as that's all I come up against. They really need a nerf. But this just my opinion.
-Tommo
Ooo is that a freighter full of resources O_o... *Few minutes later* Mine! Mine!Mine!

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lasers :/

Postby relampago » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:47 am

The one problem I have with this game, besides the lag (lol) is the fact that the Eclipse faction and the lasers are way to strong. I went up against three players and they all used Eclipse laser orientated ships. The first player had lasers with 18,000 range that could snipe my mothership dealing large amounts of damage from across the map, which frustrated me because my ships couldn't even get close without taking serious damage. The second player spammed me with cheap laser spamming ships completely wrecking my aegis' and other ships. The final player had the Tier 4 Wrath laser and one burst most of my ships. The Eclipse faction and their lasers has ruined PvP for me as that's all I come up against. They really need a nerf. But this just my opinion.
-Tommo
Thank you for reporting! Already transfered your message to the team memmber responsible for the game balance ;)
I'm watching you!

tommo
Ensign
Ensign

Postby tommo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Thx relampago and Merry Christmas :)
Ooo is that a freighter full of resources O_o... *Few minutes later* Mine! Mine!Mine!

batailleuse
Ensign
Ensign

Postby batailleuse » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:46 pm

-Tommo
haha, welcome to the club i also reported something similar about how Eclipse faction is far superior right now to both other and why laser are absurdly strong to anything else.

First factor is from Eclipse ships in themselves
  • Eclipse ships have equal stats to both other faction regarding hp/armor,
    do not suffer the capacity penalty like stated in their description,
    while having overall much larger shield and often more shields regen
    usually have better maneuverability and speed
    Tends to have more weapon slots that other faction variants
so base stats for all eclipse ships is super gimped.
also making both Deprived and Vanguard have literally 0 ship difference or advantage over them.

Second Factor is related to laser weapon itself
  • Laser weapons are among the cheapest in capacity to relative dps and size
    have variants to be effective from close range to high range
CQC has 60 dps for a tier 1 weapon a 1x3 slot
in comparisonthe only Projectile close to CQC is the EMP gun same size and range tier 3 and only 45dps
Large Heat Laser has a base dps over 100 with a range of 18k and a size of 2x3m its continuous and the more you shoot the more dps it has
in comparison the Best gauss is a 2x4 weapon tier 3 and has like 37dps
  • have very various size 1x1, 1x3, 1x4, 2x3, 3x1, 2x3 so you can easily outfit one laser to every slot in any eclipse ship
    Only <protection> against laser are shields
    do not need ammo
    They do TRIPLE damage on armor plating
    last but not least... they have pinpoint 100% accuracy
so to recap... have a single counter, that can be disabled in various way, only weapon to do triple dmg against armor, low cost, high flexibility, best dmg and range, high slot flexibility and no accuracy penalty.

Third Factor is when you consider the 2 above and a few other things

Shields are base better on Eclipse, making both other faction largely more sensible to lasers
There are a several way to disable or ruin shields in the game, Devices like disable shield for 10sec or AOE EMP devices, those are OP for shields
Once shields are out, they tear your armor in split seconds and there is nothing you can do
both other weapon type have a devices or upgrades to counter them, eg anti-bullets or anti-missiles devices, or even the wall device that prevent any projectile past it OR even the shield overdrive that make the shield block all projectiles
Eclipse Dreadnoughts can slot so many lasers it becomes insane especially when they are mostly face forward oriented and it basically wreak anything with between 4 to 8 front lasers in your face at a range from anywhere from 11 to 18+k
In comparison Vanguard at best can slot 4 Gauss on total ... only 2 facing at each side, and deprived can only slot emp blast gun on their Dreadnought because of very shitty choice in weapon size combined with poor slot design on their ships.

so yeah ... big issues but i have good hope that it will be rectified

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:29 am

Thank you for reporting ;)
I'm watching you!

Return to “Features and Suggestions”