Some suggestions. Feel free to add in

Have a cool idea for Starfall Online? Any suggestions on how to make the game better? Let us know!
iludium
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Some suggestions. Feel free to add in

Postby iludium » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:24 pm

i feel like i cant zoom out enough ,in combat and discovery mode

i wish for *closes eyes* XD

a select all ships button for combat ,

double left clicking in combat makes you select all ships of certain type,

select stack for selling inventory in main menu,

warp in multiple ships at once with a checkbox in combat

fit multiple item into a ship without having to go back for another unit -like a brush! pick the module! paint the boxes !until full then push confirm
Just a Guy... :lol:

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Some suggestions. Feel free to add in

Postby relampago » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 am

i feel like i cant zoom out enough ,in combat and discovery mode

i wish for *closes eyes* XD

a select all ships button for combat ,

double left clicking in combat makes you select all ships of certain type,

select stack for selling inventory in main menu,

warp in multiple ships at once with a checkbox in combat

fit multiple item into a ship without having to go back for another unit -like a brush! pick the module! paint the boxes !until full then push confirm
Hey, thank you for the list!
Will be also glad to see if other testers add something to it :)
I'm watching you!

batailleuse
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Some suggestions. Feel free to add in

Postby batailleuse » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:44 am

• 1 - Add a few slot to create custom formations and force ship AI to stick to the formation regardless of individual speed acceleration <stick to lowest in active formation>

its a must have because of all the LOS issue, how many times i had ships just shoot at my own because it was in front of it, or that ship wont even fire because he has big ship in front

Formation would really help developing efficient fleet designs right now only missile dont have problem with LOS but projectile that often have spread tend to be an issue to make proper formation to benefit from a clear LOS to shoot

Formation may it be style 1 or 2 need to be implemented especially to make clever use of all the fleet and AOE style modules like nebula/extended shield/fleet jump/nebula so on

Simple Exemple for Deprived
    Front row consisting of 2 Atlantes mono broadside, that are your tanks
    Mid row consisting of Salem Missiles Launchers

+ some Engineering cleverly places to provides Nebula/fleet jump, but those can be very hard to place properly with all ai, fleet formation issue right now. if i could create a formation to put all ships where they need to be in order to make tactical fleet jump and nope just HOPE that no one moved out of the relatively small AOE and got left behind <be it if i warp in or out>

i found fleet jump and nebula the absolute best counter to OP laser builds, but i do need my fleet to stay in formation at any time or its pointless.
  • 2 - If not custom, then at least create a few standard formation spearhead, claw, circle so that at least we dont always have to manually place each of the ship <you could check Homeworld for nice formation ideas>
  • Improve player ships AI, add an auto face/engage to ship, its annoying to have ships with limited fire angle stay idle and being shoot at without them even retaliating if i dont manually give them the order.
    <ship AI and path finding is already clunky as is and also often more than none result in annoying collision between my own ships, or sometimes you dont know why your ship going at full speed into asteroids or stations>
  • if i double click a ship design <understand frigate/cruiser so on> would be nice if it could select all ship of the same size
  • Add the Rotation selection when you move you ship if you long press destination instead of having to manually add it after with Shit + R + rotation and click to validate if formation are implemented all ships in formation should also follow general formation direction <check how units move in say Total war>
  • Make shield regen a relevant stat, right now it feels absolutely useless, should be able to regen IN combat even when taking damage and not just when out combat especially considering the insane cost in energy for shield regen modules.

as of now
    Large shield is 3*1 and gives 1500 for a cost of 92 energy
    Advanced Shield Regen gives 25 regen OUT OF COMBAT for a cost of 300 energy ???

Who in their right mind will spend 300 energy for something you can benefit only outside of combat and at such small amount
    even if you take only 1 large shield and 1 advanced regen it will still take over a whole minute to regen full shields, its better to just put another shield to get 3000 and to hell with the regen

Suggestions
    Increase shield regen to regen % of shield per tick including in combat and keep cost
    for reference
    small 0.50% =7.5 on 1500 shield
    medium 1.5% = 22.5 on 1500 shields
    large 3% = 45 1500 shields

which makes it even more powerful on high shield builds

OR
    Decrease significantly costs and at least double or triple the base regen rate including in combat
    which make it equally powerful regardless of total shield
on a second note doing so will obviously increase efficiency against people spamming incredible amount of laser that otherwise burn your shields in literally split seconds with no chance to counter them after they are down due to absolute useless regen right now. which will force heavy energetic weapon users to slot some EMP mod/mines or shield disabler mods to be effective instead of just mindlessly spamming laser across the map

Return to “Features and Suggestions”