Tutorial Feedback

Discuss alpha version, ask questions, post feedback and make suggestions on how to make the game better!
helsync
Galaxy Explorer
Galaxy Explorer

Tutorial Feedback

Postby helsync » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:49 am

First thing i decided to test was the tutorial since it was obviously trying to get my attention by flashing at me. Though I'd recommend forcing players into it the first time they log into the game.

Not willing to put too much effort into my formatting so I'll just list issues as they arise:

[*]Lack of WASD camera controls is still painful as ever, the arrow keys are on the right side of the keyboard whilst everything else is on the left side requiring constant switching between opposite ends.

[*]Had no idea what the ship was that crashed into an asteroid, I thought it was my own. Could probably do with the camera zooming to it so I can see a red circle around it before moving into the mini cutscene.

[*]Text would be better placed on the right side of the screen so the green box around ship stats is in the same area of focus and is more noticeable.

[*]Needs to be pause breaks for people to read the text, otherwise it can be too tempting to react to a situation before reading it. Theres also a little bit too much to read for a tutorial in my opinion.

[*]The ramming tutorial may require a bit of a rethink, I imagine not everyone will destroy all the ships in one click. Perhaps reduce the number of ships or make it so that the player can ONLY click within the indicated area? This should probably be added to other areas such as when using the warp ability, if you misclick you have to wait for the cooldown.

[*]Perhaps zoom the camera out or blink it to points of interest whilst giving a pause break to read the text. Allow the player to click out of the pause break once they've finished reading. I found myself doing things before the camera stopped moving because it was so slow and tedious.

P.S. List button isnt working.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Tutorial Feedback

Postby relampago » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi helsync!

Good to see you here again - and thanks again for the feedback. We will keep it in mind and tune tutorial :)
I'm watching you!

mobiletarget
Recruit
Recruit

Postby mobiletarget » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:39 am

I tried several tutorial runs, but it kept crashing on I think a scinematic when the biggest ship flies through the astroids....
Game crashes to deskopt at that point, sends an error to devs, happened several times... After that I left it untouched, reported it and focust on trying the rest of the game, witch I realy enjoyed.
Win10, AMD 6 core 16Gb, AMD 1Mb Vcard.
I am dislexic, please read what is intended, not what you think on who I am ^^
Respect to all ! ;)

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:31 am

I tried several tutorial runs, but it kept crashing on I think a scinematic when the biggest ship flies through the astroids....
Game crashes to deskopt at that point, sends an error to devs, happened several times... After that I left it untouched, reported it and focust on trying the rest of the game, witch I realy enjoyed.
Win10, AMD 6 core 16Gb, AMD 1Mb Vcard.
Not sure if it's Tutorial or your videocard. Anyway, if you sent a crash report our Devs should have received it.
And problems with Tutorial in general is a known thing, we will take care about it later ;)
I'm watching you!

Return to “Features and Suggestions”