Exploration suggestions for improvements

Discuss alpha version, ask questions, post feedback and make suggestions on how to make the game better!
miroslav
Recruit
Recruit

Exploration suggestions for improvements

Postby miroslav » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Faction House adjustments
The way it works now its way to easy to colonize and within a week of the game release the entire map or most of it will be colonized. SPAM ALL OVER THE PLACE. [if that is not what's intended]

There would be a useful way of minimizing the spam and making the feeling of gaining a system for your faction more satisfying by making it more difficult.

1. Only a Head of a house to be able to Build and upgrade.
2. Cost of reputation for construction and upgrades should be considerably increased.
3. Minimum number of players in the house in order to be able to build and expand the faction territory. [10-15]
4. House level. similar system to the reputation that is currently taking place but with experience and adapt it so a house needs much more exp to lvl up compare to a player.
5. House level 1 can only have 1 station building, level 2 can have 2 station buildings and so on. :)
6. Destroying enemy ships gives reputation adapt it so it give EXP as well [not sure if that is already the case, if it is scratch that.]

ICG, EXP and REP collection/grinding

Players gain experience and ICG from quick matches. In discovery they can farm resources by transporting from colonies to stations gaining ICG and REP. By killing pirates/ enemy ships the player earns the dropped items and REP (+EXP but I'm not sure if that is the case at the moment).

The most important thing for most players will be how they can gain ICG, because with ICG you can buy stuff and become stronger. People will be doing quick matches and focus on farming resources in discovery for ICG. It would be much greater and provide better verity of how you can farm ICG if by killing enemy ships you gain REP, EXP and ICG. Then people who prefer to go out and fight stuff in discovery won't fall back or be forced to farm resources in order to get ICG to develop.

Note: Items dropped from killing enemy ships in discovery are worth next to nothing in the shop to sell compare to what it took to build. The loss of value I'm not sure how much it is but it feel like 80% or 75% loss in value e.g. Build cost 1000 sell cost 200. 50% cost loss I think is relatively enough :)

Pirates and Pirate stations
Pirates need to be adjusted and have some sort of adaptively. Levels in pirates indicating the different difficulties. Pirates within faction territory to be low lvl, near faction territory to be slightly higher and the deeper in space you go the harder they get to a certain level.

Its too easy finding systems not occupied by pirates, maybe would be good that all none faction systems to be pirate station occupied. That way spam will be reduced and players will have to show some skill and determination in order to take over a system and expand the faction.

--- I do not know if that is already implemented or being discussed however: Have pirates attacking faction systems by placing a strong and protected structure such as pirate station which we have to attack the same way we attack faction stations with multiple battlefields around it. within every battlefield have the current battles for the pirate station which have 4-5 bosses with lots of ships and a strong structure that has to be destroyed. [with the bonus boxes and so on]

A system under pirate colonization attack should have a given time frame in which the faction must kill the station in order not to lose the system to a pirate. Time frame 12- 24 ideally or 36 hours.

If pirate station destroyed, the system is saved and maybe some bonus to the faction or house that did it gets a bonus something for the house inventory [ implement a house inventory for prizes maybe?] which only the head or new rank inventory keeper can operate? ]

If pirate station is not destroyed within the given time the faction station which can be an outpost supply station or mothership will disappear and the system becomes neutral ruled by pirates.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Exploration suggestions for improvements

Postby relampago » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:25 am

Thanks a lot for the feedback - it is much appreciated! :)

However, I shoud remind, that the numbers and progression speed is not actual for this test and almost all changes you suggested are supposed to be there in the game in some form.

Items are sold for 1/3 of the actual cost, to be exact ;)
I'm watching you!

miroslav
Recruit
Recruit

Postby miroslav » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 pm

The core one I am really bothered about is gaining an amount of ICG for killing enemy ships low amount for small ships, medium and high amount for big ships like the rep we earn. Would that be included? If it isn't would it be sensible to consider it?

Additional note: Would there be a cargo indicator showing which ship how much cargo can hold?

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:31 am

The core one I am really bothered about is gaining an amount of ICG for killing enemy ships low amount for small ships, medium and high amount for big ships like the rep we earn. Would that be included? If it isn't would it be sensible to consider it?

Additional note: Would there be a cargo indicator showing which ship how much cargo can hold?
Not sure about IGC for killing enemies in Discovery. Will see.

Yes, we definitely will have something to show how much cargo space it can give you.
I'm watching you!

Return to “Features and Suggestions”