Battlecruisers vs Battleships vs ?

Have a cool idea for Starfall Tactics? Any suggestions on how to make the game better? Let us know!
starpally
Recruit
Recruit

Battlecruisers vs Battleships vs ?

Postby starpally » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:20 am

Okay I'm playing as "Deprived" could someone help me with this?

Using the detachment layout "Combat Unit" which gets two dreadnoughts, two battleships, and two battlecruisers, the game seems to completely forget what battleships and battlecruisers are, which then lead me down a confusing rabbit hole.

I go to the "fleet tab" and click "new ship" and I have a couple of Abaris ships that are "cruisers" but then some Fausts which are "battlecruisers" along with my Salem and Solomon. The Abaris, Salem, and Solmon are pathetically weak in life and armor and get disabled by the third volley of anything. If I put more than a few pieces of armor on them, they will run out of ammo in a normal battle.

My Fausts barely stand a chance, can get some shots off, then can quite heroically retreat, re-enter battle, and do extremely well.

I see no mention anywhere in my cards of any battleships at all. The Abaris in tooltips is called a "universal cruiser" whatever that is, and the rest in the tooltips are just called cruisers, and underneath called battlecruisers. No battleships. Have I just not got any battleships yet, or what? Of the last three sets of cards I've got, half or more were duplicates and nothing called a "battlecruiser."

I like the Salem because the missiles on it are great, but it can't hold enough ammo without getting 2-shot disabled. The Abaris is great for providing cover fire from any direction, but can't hold enough ammo without getting 2-shot disabled and likes to shoot the rest of my ships while laughing. The Solomon has great cannons but the Abaris just flat out has better cannons, it just has a bigger engine but you can get upgraded enginese for the Abaris and it doesn't matter because neither one of them can hold enough ammo without getting 2-shot disabled like I said. That just leaves the Faust group of ships to do everything with......

Which is fine, but was that the intention? I'll keep buying packs. Maybe they're in there. I mean I'm still missing a ship that has a 2x4 cannon, a 2x4 laser and one with a 3x3 missile, so I'm obviously still missing at least three ships, but "battleship" ? Please let me know.

Thanks.

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Battlecruisers vs Battleships vs ?

Postby relampago » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:18 am

Hello,
This looks like you simply don't have any battleships yet.
Deprived Battleship called "Bishop" and it's definitely more powerful than Salem ;)
I'm watching you!

batailleuse
Ensign
Ensign

Postby batailleuse » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:55 am

yeah they are called Bishop and have several different layouts,

only 2 version stands out <by memory> so i forgot names

one has a Looooot of weapon slots but few engineering slots and can dish out incredible amount of damage

the second one is my favourite, it has Two 2x3 projectile slots + 3x3 missile slots, and a huge engineering bay

i use a team of 3-4 outfitted with fleet warp drive, 6 blaster cannon, 2-3 plasma launcher, and nebula generator. as the fleet drive has only 1 min CD and a range of 20k <infinite if your target is a base/warp beacon or ship with warp beacon upgrade> you can effectively jump over 60-80k distance at will or just jump in, pick out one or two units, jump out anywhere and give time for your fleet to regen their shield/armor rinse and repeat, and the nebula generator is insane to set up ambush or protect you from long range <missiles/lasers>.

so far its amongst my favorite ships in deprived fleet.

a note, if your smaller ship run out of ammo, consider using energetic weapon, if you dont slots enough they can have hard time getting passed shield, but in number <understand whole fleet outfitted with it> they can do wonder.
another option for medium and more sized ship is to fit an ammo dispenser mod that will regenerate ammo in AOE around it

Or last option is to create a support Dreadnought outfit it with 1 or more dispenser and bring your small ship around him to regen, exemple 1-2 dispenser and a fleet jump, makes your smaller ships tougher <since they dont need dispenser and need less ammo pack since your support will regen them> and a highly mobile fleet.

Cheers from another Deprived lover

starpally
Recruit
Recruit

Postby starpally » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Ah those are all great suggestions! So

#1 I guess it's amazing to me that I've opened up like 7+ sets of cards and no battleship yet.

#2 should probably take cruisers and battlecruisers and decide to call them just one thing ;)

#3 dispensers? I've been playing for a long time and have found nothing called this. They sound perfect!! I have a feeling like I'm missing a large portion of the game somewhere, where I could just theoretically buy neat things that I'd like.... so far I've just been scavenging only, which is a blast, but takes forever and a stress level associated since I've been having a lot of defect-related issues in the pirate station instances. I haven't seen a place where I could just buy neat things that I want, I have all these currencies that I've stocked up on and can't find much to do with them. I tried putting colonies down, and the next day they were all gone, so I replaced them and gave up on that. Is there like a smuggler market somewhere I can just buy some of the goodies I need/want? :P

#4 battleships sound amazing, and it's hilarious to me and now makes perfect sense that this game has been beyond necessarily difficult and my ships have felt extremely under powered since I've been doing everything with cruisers and dreadnoughts my entire playthrough. You can't imagine how much this explains to me. Imagine a week of gameplay where you didn't even know battleships exist, just delete them all, that's what I've been going through. I kid you not I have 5 unique dreadnought ships, 6 unique cruiser ships, and 8 unique frigate ships. And in my packs I've got at least 7-8 duplicates. Zero battleships. Could you imagine that? If it wasn't for my Fausts I wouldn't be able to do anything right now. :( I'll just keep trying I guess!

The Bishops sound amazing, I definitely hope I get them. I'll keep trying. Super enjoying the Deprived and that's definitely where I'm staying. Thanks again for the help!

starpally
Recruit
Recruit

Postby starpally » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Okay 10-12 packs in or something now, and got not one, but two battleships, out of nowhere!!!!! AHHHHH THEY EXIST!!!!!!

Bishop IVM, OLH

Holy horrible statistics /facedesk /facedesk /facedesk /facedesk /facedesk

Please never let it take this long for me to get another battleship, that was terrible going a whole week from scratch with no battleship. :)

batailleuse
Ensign
Ensign

Postby batailleuse » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:03 am

I found that discovery in this alpha is not very rewarding compared to last one. I played most first days of alpha there and reached faction rank 7 but it felt unrewarding

It's hard to find colonies with big enough supplies/ore to even make cash.

I played for like 2 days in discovery but the pay off is terrible, even if that's where I think you can have most fun. (because pirate and faction pvp)

I usually play survival to make cash, if you manage to get to wave 15-20 you can make an easy 15-20k and insane amount of Fleet xp.

Mine is lvl 15 to give you an idea

And I think I got probably 80% of all ships unlocked on all factions, and a good bunch of all available tech too.

Just buy the 4k pack every time, the faction specific and tech are not good enough for the price they cost. You can buy 2-3 after each conquest.

Even got the brand new faction dreadnought, the murasama (vanguard) is a beast... I felt the merlin ANT that I got was really underperforming right now. Doesn't have nearly close the firepower of murasama, doesn't have nearly close the LOS of it either... Seriously murasama has a 280degree shooting radius it's crazy.

I think the problem is that merlin has lot of missiles slot and that missiles right now sucks a lot. Hope it gets better cause I love the deprived otherwise.

Any way of you need a friend to co-op the conquest add me Batailleuse. Managed to complete co-op on normal a few times.l but not always, anyway it's very good money

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 am

Well, Discovery is definitely something we will improve further, by adding more content and extending one we already have. So I really hope next time or on the next testing stage it can be felt more rewarding :)
I'm watching you!

batailleuse
Ensign
Ensign

Postby batailleuse » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 am

Well, Discovery is definitely something we will improve further, by adding more content and extending one we already have. So I really hope next time or on the next testing stage it can be felt more rewarding :)
Discovery remains my favorite thing to do its really fun

Return to “Features and Suggestions”