WIP: Ship Progression, Faction Planets and Nomad, Eclipse dreadnought.

Read and discuss the latest news and announcements.
webstarfall
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

WIP: Ship Progression, Faction Planets and Nomad, Eclipse dreadnought.

Postby webstarfall » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:23 pm

http://starfalltactics.com/news/wip-shi ... readnought

Giant dreadnought, faction planets, ability to name a ship and get some other rewards for progression - this week is filled with epic things and we are here to show and tell you about!

narfi
Ensign
Ensign

Re: WIP: Ship Progression, Faction Planets and Nomad, Eclipse dreadnought.

Postby narfi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:45 pm

This:
"Ship Tech level increase (Ship Tech level defines modules you can equip onto this ship. You can equip modules only of the same or lower Tech level)."
sounds realy intresting and at the same time a bit annoying. Limitations like this usually mean that ship builds are more intresting since we cant start off with the best of the best right away, but at the same time it sounds like we need to "rebuild" the ships layout several times if we want it to be at its best possible at every level.
Looking forward to it, hope u guys find the right balance for it. :)

kapuche
Recruit
Recruit

Postby kapuche » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 pm

I think it's the best balance, because I guess we'll get more ships card with the game experience, and when we play versus someone at the same level, the party will be good for the both players : equipment won't make the win, but strategy !

Oh my god, this planets are awesome ! Can we invade them ? Could we fight around this kind of planets in the galaxy map ?

Well, I can't wait the next Alpha test !

zael
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby zael » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:43 pm

I dislike the idea of seperate ship leveling if you perma-lose ships. I also feel like we need the dating module more.
EDIT: Also, will we get to see like idle space traffic around planets?

relampago
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby relampago » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:02 am

This:
"Ship Tech level increase (Ship Tech level defines modules you can equip onto this ship. You can equip modules only of the same or lower Tech level)."
sounds realy intresting and at the same time a bit annoying. Limitations like this usually mean that ship builds are more intresting since we cant start off with the best of the best right away, but at the same time it sounds like we need to "rebuild" the ships layout several times if we want it to be at its best possible at every level.
Looking forward to it, hope u guys find the right balance for it. :)
Well, since there are not so much levels, and bigger ships perhaps will have higher starting Tech level , I hope this won't be annoying - just a little effort to be able to equip Spear of Wrath ;)
I think it's the best balance, because I guess we'll get more ships card with the game experience, and when we play versus someone at the same level, the party will be good for the both players : equipment won't make the win, but strategy !

Oh my god, this planets are awesome ! Can we invade them ? Could we fight around this kind of planets in the galaxy map ?

Well, I can't wait the next Alpha test !
Well, these planets you could see in the article are backgrounds for main menu. But there is a chance that you will be able to meet them in Discovery.
I dislike the idea of seperate ship leveling if you perma-lose ships. I also feel like we need the dating module more.
EDIT: Also, will we get to see like idle space traffic around planets?
Fortunately, you don't perma-lose ships with ship level :) Unfortunately, dating is still an April fools joke :(
We've just talked about it - possibly, for some faction planets on the menu background. But not sure about it since we have to do lots of other, more important things.
I'm watching you!

zael
Deck Supervisor
Deck Supervisor

Postby zael » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:15 am

It's ok, perhaps the community shalt do it. I just got alittle excited seeing it :3

Return to “News”